The North Shields FC Committee would like to thank each and every supporter, sponsor and individual who has donated towards our Crowdfunding page!
The aim of this page was set up to allow for essential works to be completed during the close season. This was brought to us suddenly after the ending of the 2019/2020 season due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
The club have managed to raise £1,670 from the funding page because of you, our supporters!
We have also tried different channels to raise funds for essential works including an amazing montage of sketches of Gareth Bainbridge donated by Michael Laidler along with the striker donating his personal signed training top from our FA Vase trip in 2015. This has enabled more funds to be used to upgrade and maintain our ground.
We have today, closed down our crowd funding page and would like to share with you some of the works that have been ongoing.
WHAT HAS GONE ON?
- We have taken the goals down to ensure re weld the fittings to ensure the goals are square. The netting is going to be re-fitted closer to the season starting again to ensure it is in pristine condition.
The Committee would ask, although our ground looks rather inviting that you do resist from entering our private property and help to save our pitch and goals during this time. A lot of work goes into maintaining the ground.
- We are painting the wood around the advertising boards to gain the most out of the boards and give them extra life time. We also hope this is a small change you may notice but we can also smarten up the ground. We are also going to be starting to re paint the Tea Hut, again looking for a face lift, work will be starting very soon.
- Strengthening works have started by replacing the boards along the hard standing area where supporters stand near the toilet block.
- New seating in the Main Stand. Although, it is rather rustic we pride ourselves with providing our amazing supporters with a football ground in which you are able to enjoy your visit from the moment you enter to the moment you leave. We are always looking for ways to improve the supporter experience. We have noticed the main stand was after a face lift. A few of our volunteers have stripped the old seating out of the main stand and work is well underway to ensure the new seating is safe and secure ready for when football can resume.
- Our pitch has now been seeded twice thanks to groundsman Paul Jackson. We are going to have the pitch vertidrained to ensure we have the best possible pitch for Marc Nash and the playing squad to play the very best football all year round.
- We pride ourselves with having one of the best playing surfaces in the league. In order to maintain this we once again ask that you do not enter the ground unless by paying to enter on a match day. Our ground is not a playground. There is lots of surrounding football pitches on Collingwood Playing Fields which you are able to play on. Please remember North Shields FC is at the heart of the community.
Thank you for your cooperation and generosity you have shown to the club! A huge thank you to the team of volunteers and supporters who are giving the club their time and effort in doing essential works!
We look forward to welcoming you to The Daren Persson Stadium very soon!