The League Management Committee has decided to delay the start of the Brooks Mileson League Cup and the Ernest Armstrong Cup.

First round ties in both competitions were due to be played this month, including several league cup ties next week.

However, due to the covid situation in the region following the festive break, the committee has decided that the first round ties will not be played until February at the earliest.

This will allow the committee to review the situation in the next couple of weeks and make a decision as to whether the cup competitions should proceed or be cancelled.

We appreciate the difficulties that clubs are facing at the moment, including having to postpone fixtures because of covid infections and thank them for all the work they are doing so that matches are played.   We also appreciate that this decision leads to uncertainty for clubs and spectators and we will make a decision on the cups as soon as possible.  Fulfilling the league fixture list remains the priority.